“We wanted to create a business that as well as making a real difference to our customers' homes and gardens would, at the same time, enhance both their lives and lifestyles and correspondingly our own too”
In 2012 Geoff and Liz – the founders of Beautiful Homes and Gardens - 'retired' from their retail furniture business which had kept them busy for over 30 years.
However they soon realised that retirement did not sit well with their entrepreneurial instincts so they decided to create a new Homewares business concept- based in their new home town of Ledbury.
They then set about creating and designing a business providing products and services for the home that catered for local people and which encompassed the 4 features that research had revealed people most valued when making a purchase.
1. Having their ideas and aspirations listened to carefully without any sales pressure or obligation.
2. Being offered well grounded, unbiased advice which they could rely on when deciding which product or solution most suited their particular needs.
3. Being supplied with their chosen goods or services at a price - including postage and delivery charges – that undoubtedly represented excellent value for money.
4 …. and most importantly, knowing that their supplier is on hand locally to deal with any problems they might encounter quickly and effectively without fuss.
They reasoned that if they created a local business founded firmly on those four precepts, then they would surely get a positive reaction from local prospective customers who needed products in the Homes and Gardens field.
Making it Happen
So, using the four precepts as guidance they set about creating a Home and Garden Wares business that would:
1. Be structured to operate on a local level, meeting face to face with it's prospective customers.
2. Provide a willing, no obligation, advisory service to assist customers in arriving at the best decisions for them.
3. Provide top value by selling at prices that matched or bettered those available on the internet.
4. Be ready, willing and able to sort out any customer care problems locally and with the minimum of hassle to the customer.
5. Reward the founders with the satisfaction of having created a customer orientated, fulfilling business activity - one which they would enjoy being involved with every day.
There's Someone to Talk to
Whether you would like us to send you some Trade Catalogues, or would like some help on deciding on a particular purchase or service, or perhaps you would like an indication of the potential costs for whatever you have in mind before deciding whether to proceed further, then please don't hesitate to give us a call. We love talking about our business, it's products, the personalised services, the bespoke options and the tailored solutions we can offer that would work best for you. The number's 01531 633167 (10am – 6pm) six days a week …................ we look forward to hearing from you.
“We'll talk with you, without any obligation on your part, to find out what will work best for you and your home or garden. Nothing fancy, so it won't cost you loads of money …... even better you will be dealing face to face locally with real people - people who are on hand and prepared to respond quickly and positively should you need them afterwards” GW